Pacifico Angelo S. Magno
Mr. Magno is a Senior Associate focusing on Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Trial Advocacy and Appellate Practice. Among others, he handles Commercial, Corporate, Civil and Criminal Litigation, Labor and Employment, Arbitration and Alternative Modes of Dispute Resolution.
Prior to joining Sarmiento Loriega (“SL Law”), Mr. Magno was a Senior Associate of one of the top litigation law firms of the country, Cruz Marcelo and Tenefrancia (“CMT”), where he was deeply involved in the entire breadth of civil, criminal, administrative, and special proceedings, and the complete extent of appellate practice, which include the following:
- Advocated for the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines) in the prosecution of criminal cases against the executives and officers of a Group of Rural Banks whose multibillion-peso syndicated estafa scheme is the biggest fraud in Philippine banking history.
- Represented the interests of a high net-worth individual in heavily disputed tracts of land in prime commercial and residential areas against an established real estate institution.
- Engaged in an intra-corporate dispute involving a corporation engaged in alternative energy production and distribution and a Hydro Service Contract worth Six Billion Pesos (PhP6,000,000.00).
- Successfully represented an information technology service provider before an ad hoc arbitration tribunal regarding its contractual claims against a government institution.
- Successfully advocated for the leading manufacturer-seller of beverages in the Philippines against one of its suppliers for breach of contract.
- Defended several high net-worth individuals and a holding corporation before the Supreme Court against contractual and corporate disputes of government-owned-and-controlled-corporations (“GOCCs”).
- An integral part of the legal team which implements the settlement proceedings of the largest series of tort and/or quasi-delict cases in the Philippines.
Mr. Magno was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2016. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the College of Law of the University of the Philippines in 2015. He graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy from the same university in 2011.
Outside of the Firm, Mr. Magno likes to cook for himself and his family.